Friday, May 26, 2006

Motivation


I have to confess that I have been struggling with motivation when it comes to finishing my Masters degree. I am enrolled in two classes right now (which may not seem like a lot but it is double the workload that I normally have) and I am dreadfully behind in one of the classes=Finance. I have no idea if I will even pass the class which would mean more expense and could delay my graduation until December instead of August. Why can't I seem to find the motivation to finish? Why do my grades and learning not matter as much anymore? Where and when did I lose my desire to excel in my academics? Coming into my last 2 classes, I was carrying a 3.95 GPA and now that has taken a hit as I have had to retake a class and may now have to retake Finance (anything lower than a C equals a failing grade at the Masters level). Why can't I find the courage and dedication to finish the race?!?

***I posted this picture because two of McMurry's track athletes are performing really well and this guy, Han Ollison-who lived in my hall this year, has a chance to be a national champion in 4 different events!!! I am really proud of him! Check out his results here.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hang in there man! I understand what you are saying. I am having trouble finishing up one of my electives right now...I am just not motivated to do it for some reason. I have had to retake a course in my program as well. It is so hard for me to stay motivated as well, and I missed my project course so I am going to have to graduate in December as well, although that was a good choice on my part I think as it would have meant trying to do that course in the middle of summer minsitry events...learned that lesson last summer when I had to retake Lennox's course. HANG IN THERE AND KNOW I AM PRAYING FOR YOU!