Saturday, June 03, 2006

JOE & ANGIE'S WEDDING DAY!!!


Today was a very long but amazing day for me. I got to see my brother Joe get married. I would have to say that Joe and I are the closest of all of my brother's and it was a great thing to see him so happy. I have been blessed to be a part of many weddings and I feel honored that I seem to be the guy to have the "gut check" conversation with the groom right before he walks down the aisle. I was able to do this with Joe today. I enjoyed being able to talk with him through his nervousness, excitement, and joy. As times like these always do with me, I just found myself thinking a lot about times with Joe in the past, ways that I've seen him grow into a man that I love and am proud of, as well as being thankful for the many blessings that God has allowed me to be a part of in my life. This wedding was a blessing and I am so proud of the commitment that Joe and Angie have made to each other today. I have to admit that I teared up a little when the pastor shared some of the reasons that Joe and Angie said they loved each other. All in all, today made me so thankful for my family, my friends, and the possibilities of deeper friendships and opportunities to come!

No comments: